Plumfleet acknowledges and abides by the Australian Privacy Principles, in effect from March 2014, which is an amendment to the Privacy Act 1988.
Plumfleet and our employees will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Plumfleet ensures that an individual’s data will:
- Be obtained fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met;
- Be obtained for a specific and lawful purpose;
- Be adequate, relevant but not excessive;
- Be accurate and kept up to date where requested by the individual;
- Driver and linked driver records will be archived for 12 months from employee leave date and then deleted thereafter;
- Upon termination of a customer contract Plumfleet will archive records for 12 months then delete thereafter, unless otherwise instructed by customer;
- Be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects;
- Be subject to appropriate security measures.
Plumfleet will not willingly collect and store sensitive information.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to mean information or an opinion about an individual’s, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices or criminal record.
Plumfleet will correct information within 2 business days where we are notified that the information stored is incorrect or out of date.
Plumfleet will only disclose information about an individual to their employees unless otherwise required to do so by the law.
Plumfleet will only collect information relevant to an individual’s driving licence information and demerit points and other driving offences. Plumfleet will also store information about an individual’s compliance with the relevant fleet and company policies.
The information collected on an individual by Plumfleet will usually be collected and stored by means of the individual willingly uploading the information on to Plumfleet’s bespoke driver management system, PlumTree.
Access to PlumTree, Plumfleet’s driver management system, is only granted to Plumfleet employees and employer customer administrators where there is a fundamental business and compliance requirement to do so. PlumTree has appropriate levels of password protection in place to mitigate any unauthorised system access.